Misquamicut Beach Recovery from
Buy a Misquamicut Love Bracelet!
The cost is $10 each + shipping.
All proceeds to support future Misquamicut events.
'Misquamicut Love' Tribute song
available on Itunes!
'Misquamicut Love' song debut - live performance video of Tribute Song for Misquamicut Beach
'Misquamicut Love' written by Scott Campbell and performed by The Cartells. Available now to purchase on itunes, amazonmp3 and more. All proceeds to benefit the Chamber's events in Misquamicut such as Big Screen Movies on the Beach. Please check this out and buy 'Misquamicut Love' today.
The Greater Westerly-Pawcatuck Area Chamber of Commerce donated over 300 hours of its staff time and raised over $420,000 in monies that were awarded as grants to businesses after Superstorm Sandy. The Chamber also led the following hurricane recovery activities:
1. We developed a logo and the slogan “Bring Back the Beach”
2. We sold t-shirts for $15 and $12 of each went into this grant fund. $48,000 has been raised.
3. We had 50+ donation canisters that were placed throughout town with the “Bring Back the Beach” slogan and logo and our other slogan “Your Small Change Can Make a Big Difference”. Over $6,000 has been raised.
4. We helped coordinate throngs of volunteers in conjunction with the MBA and Serve RI
5. We collected bottled water and granola bars, snacks, industrial gloves, rubber boots, dust masks and cleaning supplies for the volunteers and for the businesses affected.
6. We contacted local restaurants and secured food that could be delivered to volunteers and businesses.
7. We delivered lunches to businesses and their staff/volunteers doing the difficult manual labor to clean up.
8. We gathered information on free storage space that may be available for the businesses to use for 4 months or more.
9. We hosted a meeting of the Dept of Labor & Training, RIEDC, SBA, FEMA and others at The Chamber.
10. Our organization processed over 4,000 passes for businesses, residents and contractors allowing them to enter into the Misquamicut beach community. Our office hours were extended from 8:00am to 6pm.
Chamber Executive Director Lisa Konicki is a highly regarded speaker on the topic of resiliency after a coastal storm.
For information on booking Ms. Konicki as a speaker at your event, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.